Looking for a healthy treat for your kids (or yourself!) this Easter? Our Nutrition Coach, Virginia Green shares her recipe for a fun and nutritious Easter snack- Granola Easter Eggs. Loaded with wholesome, all-natural ingredients while also delightfully sweet and chewy, these eggs are the perfect energizing snack after a hard ride at Steel Wheels! Give them a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (you can also pulse rolled oats in a food processor or blender)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (preferably organic)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (preferably organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup all-natural almond butter (I use chunky, unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Thoroughly clean and dry plastic Easter eggs and set aside.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined with a wooden spoon or spatula. If your honey is super thick you may need to microwave it first.
4. Firmly press the granola into each half of the eggs but with a little room to still snap them closed.
5. Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before removing from the eggs. The longer you chill them the better they will stay together. If you have trouble removing them while keeping the halves together just "glue" the halves together with honey!
Store the eggs in the refrigerator and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Recipe can be modified by using a different type of nut butter and add-ins! Try another dried fruit, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut, or dark chocolate chip