Steel Wheels is a brand-new concept in indoor cycling, with a mission to bring the thrill, adventure and fitness of road bicycling into a studio environment through innovative use of audio-visual media and technology. Our purpose is to fight boredom and drudgery, so a fun work environment goes without saying. We are currently seeking a qualified Studio Manager to assume a leadership position establishing our studio and developing clientele. This individual must have experience in the fitness industry, be entrepreneurial-minded and have a passion for excellent customer service. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new and exciting business poised for rapid growth.
As a Studio Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, providing leadership and daily direction to the staff, including cycling instructors, front desk staff and custodial. This critical position will have ultimate responsibility for maintaining operational excellence. In addition, you will be responsible for driving sales, which will include executing lead generation / marketing strategies including organizing on-site events such as charity rides, managing social media outreach, and coming up with creative marketing strategies. You will also have the unique opportunity to weigh in on studio design and operations/procedures.
STUDIO MANAGER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and exceed monthly sales and operational budgets, meet key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (pre-sale events, studio events, community outreach).
- Hire, train and monitor all SW staff.
- Scheduling of all Studio staff and instructors on a weekly basis.
- Inventory management including periodic ordering and maintaining par levels of beverages, apparel merchandise and cycling shoes.
- Periodic performance reviews of all SW staff.
- Develop a high energy culture through contests and incentive based motivation.
- Demonstrate hands-on management with a willingness to perform all essential duties from greeting guests to cleaning bikes (leading by example).
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through innovative outreach programs.
- Help develop and implement SW policies, business practices, systems and processes.
- Ensures that all front desk systems are followed such as proper member check-in, telephone inquiries (general and sales related), guest registration, cash handling, delinquent account procedures and customer care calls.
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service, including effective decision making regarding customer service issues.
- Plan and promote special events for the studio on a monthly basis, including effective outreach and community involvement.
- At all times ensure a safe, courteous, friendly and clean environment in the studio.
- This position will report directly to and work hand in hand with the CEO.
STUDIO MANAGER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a proven sales ability and be entrepreneurial-minded.
- Must possess excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, respectful, team-oriented environment for staff and clients.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience required, including directly overseeing all aspects of staff management from hiring, training, supporting, discipline, and termination.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and manage client and staff concerns.
- Familiarity with MindBody software strongly preferred.
- Flexible to work day, evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Compensation above industry average
Outstanding bonus structure + benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org